Posted by Fred Chung, Android Developer Relations
At the moment, we’re releasing the Privateness Sandbox on Android Developer Preview 5 ‒ it’s a significant milestone that can turn into the muse for upcoming Privateness Sandbox Beta releases.
We recognize that a lot of you’ve got examined the Developer Preview and have reported points and shared your suggestions. This suggestions has helped us evolve the Privateness Sandbox design. For instance, now we have modified the SDK Runtime design to permit reflection API utilization, and have revealed extra design proposals on FLEDGE companies, mediation, and app-to-web measurement.
Let’s take a look on the specifics on this launch.
What’s in Developer Preview 5?
Developer Preview 5 contains extra performance, knowledge validation enhancements, and API signature adjustments throughout the privateness preserving APIs and the SDK Runtime. See the launch notes for particulars.
Attribution Reporting API
FLEDGE on Android API
- To offer up-to-date knowledge for auctions, you possibly can arrange a day by day fetch URL to replace customized viewers AdData lists and different metadata.
- This launch incorporates varied API signature adjustments and extra parameter validation to make sure robustness. Discuss with the launch notes for particulars. Make sure to replace the pattern code and your check initiatives utilizing earlier Developer Preview releases.
- Apps get extra management on runtime enabled SDK lifecycle occasions, similar to when the SDK is unexpectedly terminated by the platform. Implementing the SdkSandboxLifecycleCallback permits the app to take applicable actions to recuperate.
- After efficiently loading an SDK, apps now have entry to an IBinder interface to facilitate 2-way communications with the runtime-enabled SDK.
- Up to date taxonomy for classification of cell apps.
- App builders should now declare AdServices permissions to entry the privateness preserving APIs. Be taught extra.
Within the coming months, we’ll proceed to make use of the Developer Previews to innovate and implement new options. We’ll publish extra particulars concerning the Beta and these future releases within the coming months.
Get began with Developer Preview 5
With as we speak’s Developer Preview launch, we hope to proceed working with the trade and builders to get ready for Privateness Sandbox on Android. The discharge supplies the assets it’s good to start early testing of options and share suggestions. To get began creating, see directions to arrange the SDK and system pictures on the emulator or supported Pixel units.