Media.internet visited our campus for the Website Reliability Engineer position (DevOps) in August 2022. CGPA standards have been 6 and above.
There have been 5 rounds.
Spherical 1: (On-line check): It was an MCQ check, I don’t keep in mind the length and variety of questions. It had questions from Working Methods, Laptop Networks, Knowledge Constructions and Algorithms, DBMS, and Basic Aptitude.
Round 23 individuals obtained chosen for the Machine Spherical and I used to be certainly one of them.
Spherical 2: (Machine Spherical – Offline, 3 Hours): This spherical was performed in our laptop middle. We got a socket programming process.
Job Description: There’s a server that has key-value storage. There may be a number of shoppers which might ship requests like ‘GET’, ‘PUT’, and ‘DELETE’ to the server.
The important thing-value storage, server, and shopper code is written all from scratch. We have been allowed to google something like syntax, errors, and many others. We have been even given the choice of selecting any language we have been snug with, I went with Python.
- The important thing-value storage is mainly a dictionary in python. So I’ve written a category which has a dictionary in it and a few features to take care of the ‘GET’, ‘PUT’ and ‘DELETE’ operations.
- I wrote code for the server which might be prepared to simply accept shoppers and might begin speaking over TCP protocol, equally, I wrote code for the shopper which might be able to take enter from the person for the requests and ship it to the server.
- After I used to be finished with the duty, I nonetheless had a while left, I used to be requested to implement a TTL(Time to dwell) system for the storage. That means a key can have a time-to-live part, the important thing would expire after a sure time period. I implement this and the time was over.
- Since I used to be utilizing threads to take care of a number of shoppers, I had to make use of threads. I used to be requested if my code was thread-safe, and I stated no as a result of my foremost goal was to complete the essential process and implement thread security later. The interviewers have been happy with it although.
3 college students made it by this spherical, I used to be certainly one of them.
Spherical 3: (Technical Interview – Offline, 1 Hour): This spherical was a CS basic principally associated to Working Methods and Laptop Networks.
The interviewers greeted and launched themselves and requested me to introduce myself. The interviewer went by my resume and requested me about my internship.
Then the dialogue went in the direction of Laptop Networks, a few of the questions I keep in mind have been:
- What are TCP and UDP and the way do they work.
- 3-way handshaking.
- What occurs once we kind google.com in our browser?
I had talked about Git as a model management system in my initiatives in my resume, so he requested me a query associated to it.
- Let’s say we’ve got an software. Version2 of the applying has been deployed and now after 5000 commits, we’ve got deployed version3 of the applying. We now have came upon that the ultimate version3 has a bug, which had crept in from one of many commits. How would you discover the commit through which the bug began?
- A follow-up query, an identical scenario is given however this time the bug began in one of many commits and likewise obtained resolved in a later commit, making version3 nonbuggy. We now have to seek out out the place the bug began this time.
Spherical 4: (System Design – Offline, 1 Hour): This spherical was a System Design spherical.
- The interviewers greeted and launched themselves and requested to introduce themselves.
- I used to be given the choice of selecting between designing a global chat software (like WhatsApp) or a global video streaming service (like YouTube).
- I went with YouTube.
- I slowly began placing all my goals collectively on a chunk of paper and began constructing upon them.
- The interviewers requested me how would you scale this specific system for a bigger viewers and I attempted my finest to give you options.
Spherical 5: (Managerial Spherical – On-line, 30 minutes): This spherical was a common dialogue as to what an SRE does and the way it impacts the corporate. He informed in regards to the firm’s tradition and values. Extra that it was a common dialogue in regards to the wage and the way my development can be within the firm.
Lastly, I obtained a proposal from the corporate!
- Attempt to enter depth, when you find yourself utilizing some phrases, you want to have the ability to reply something the interviewer asks about them.
- It’s okay in case you couldn’t reply one thing. Not less than attempt to reply it in your individual logical approach and what would you concentrate on it.
- Maintain the session interactive. Let the interviewer know what’s going on in your thoughts.
- A great depth of data is required in Working Methods and Laptop Networks.
All the very best!